Golden Ring of Honor for Artists
The Golden Ring of Honor for Artists was awarded by the German Association for Goldsmiths’ Art (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Goldschmiedekunst) for the first time in 1933, in order to honor the extraordinary artistic achievement of individual goldsmiths or to distinguish exemplary efforts to develop young talent. At first, the Golden Ring of Honor was made by the H.J. Wilm workshop in Berlin; later, the ring’s most recent recipient each time made it for his or her successor as a gift. The ring, fashioned out of gold, depicts an eagle, which meanwhile exhibits considerably abstract stylization. The subsequent recipient is chosen by the circle of ring of honor wearers; these were exclusively German artists until 1950, and after that the circle of honored artists was widened internationally.
Wearers of the Golden Ring of Honor for Artists
Golden Ring of Honor for Promoters
The Golden Ring of Honor for Promoters was handed out one-time by the German Association for Goldsmiths’ Art (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Goldschmiedekunst) for the first time in 1937.
Wearers of the Golden Ring for Promoters
The Golden Medal for Promoters
The Golden Medal was instituted back in 1932, the very same year the German Association for Goldsmiths’ Art (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Goldschmiedekunst) was founded. An artists’ competition was advertised for the designing of this distinction, and Berlin-based sculptor Professor Kurt Schumacher (1905–1942) emerged as its winner. The obverse of his medal depicts a winged muse (Hero?), who holds a flaming torch in her right hand.
The awarding of the Gold Medal is linked with the objective to distinguish and honor personalities who have earned outstanding merits in the promotion of artistic gold and silver smithery, and in the solution of all its associated problems and tasks in cultural and business life.
Wearers of the Golden Medal until 1945
Wearers of the Golden Medal after 1945
Silver Cup of Friendship
The Association for Goldsmiths’ art decided to call to life the Silver Cup of Friendship in 1966. The hand-forged cup in Sterling silver was handed over to personalities who supported the society’s endeavors as a symbol of the ties of friendship.